Thursday 31 March 2016

The Perception that all Jewellery must be made from precious materials


I have chosen this perception as my topic because I have generally only been exposed to mainly lavish and precious material jewellery, and so i was curious to see what ells was out there.

*me*
Erica Skadsen
There are many people that challenge this perception , one of them is Erica Skadsen who uses  hardwoods in her jewellery. She creates pieces such as earrings made from Ebony, Olive wood and Granadillo.
*black ebony ear plugs flared saddles*
Ebony Tunnel earrings 
*00ga chakte kok huge ear spirals*
Chakte huge ear spirals.
organicjewelry
I chose Erica Skadsen because I myself have been working with hardwoods for a number of years in my woodwork classes at school and home, so naturally I took an interest in her work because I enjoy the use of these beautiful and exotic woods.       

No comments:

Post a Comment